Temporary Restaurant Outdoor Dining Services
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Coon Rapids has adopted a policy to make it as easy as possible to allow the City’s restaurants to offer expanded outdoor dining. This policy streamlines the process for restaurants to quickly expand current outdoor seating areas or create new outdoor seating.
Please read the 2021 Temporary Outdoor Dining Accommodation Policy
Fill out the 2021 Temporary Outdoor Dining Registration Form
For restaurants with a Liquor License, please contact Joan Lenzmeier by email.
For restaurants without a Liquor License, please contact Trevor White by email.
Business Licensing Applications
Some types of businesses need to be licensed by the City of Coon Rapids. Licenses are obtained through the City Clerk’s department. License fees apply and vary according to the type of license obtained.
How to Apply
- Applications are available for download below
- Forms can also be picked up in person at the Coon Rapids City Center during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Applications may take up to 30 days to process. Once your application is processed, the City Clerk will contact you.
Business licensing is required for the following types of sales and establishments:
- Amusement Centers (PDF)
- Archery (PDF)
- Bowling (PDF)
- Carnival/Circus (PDF)
- Christmas Tree Sales (PDF)
- Dancing (PDF)
- Fireworks Display (PDF)
- Fireworks Merchant (PDF)
- Food Trucks (PDF)
- Gun Clubs (PDF)
- Liquor - Brew Pubs (PDF)
- Liquor - Microdistillery (PDF)
- Liquor - Off Sale (PDF)
- Liquor - On Sale (PDF)
- Liquor - Small Brewer/Taproom (PDF)
- Liquor - Temporary 3.2% Malt Liquor (PDF)
- Liquor - Temporary Strong Beer & Wine (PDF)
- Liquor - Temporary Wine Tasting (PDF)
- Massage - Enterprise (PDF)
- Massage - Therapist (PDF)
- Parades/Marches/Walks (PDF)
- Pawnbroker/Antique Dealer/Precious Metals/Exhibitions (PDF)
- Solicitors (PDF)
- Taxi Cab - Business (PDF)
- Taxi Cab - Driver (PDF)
- Theater (PDF)
- Tobacco (PDF)
- Transient Merchants (PDF)
Read more about licensing requirements for each in the City Code.
Why Solicitors Need a License
Anyone selling products and services door-to-door must be licensed with the City. There are some exceptions to this (newspaper delivery as well as food delivery services). More information can be found in City Code.
Soliciting without a license is a misdemeanor crime and is punishable up to 90 days or $1,000 or both.
Individuals traveling door-to-door should be wearing their City-issued badge. The badge must be worn at all times. Solicitors must also carry their official City license.
If a peddler or for-profit solicitor comes to your door and is not wearing a City-issued badge, please let us know by calling 763-767-6432. Soliciting hours are from 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. If you encounter any issues or have problems with a peddler/solicitor, please contact the Coon Rapids Police Department by calling 911.