Voters choosing to vote by absentee early can come to Coon Rapids City Hall during business hours starting September 18 to cast their ballot for the General Election. Absentee voting continues through Monday, November 2.
Voting takes place in the Civic Center end of the building, located at 11155 Robinson Drive.
Voting hours are:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday prior to Election Day (Saturday, October 31) : 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday prior to Election Day (Monday, November 2): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Absentee Voting By Mail
Voters also have the option to complete their voting by mail. All absentee voters must first complete an absentee ballot request form/application.
Do this in one of two ways:
1) Visit mnvotes.org to fill out the online ballot request form/application.
2) Print the paper application form online (PDF) and complete it by hand, or call the Anoka County Elections office at 763-324-1300 to have an application sent to you by mail. Return your application as early as possible by any of the following methods:
- Mail: Anoka County Elections, 2100 3rd Avenue, Suite W130, Anoka, MN 55303
- Fax: 763-324-1160
- Email: send a scanned image of your application to the Anoka County Elections Office
An absentee ballot will be mailed to you within two business days. The absentee ballot will contain voting instructions and a return envelope. Be sure to follow the absentee instructions very carefully and return the ballot as soon as possible.
For more information about voting absentee by mail, visit the City website.
The General Election takes place Tuesday, November 3, 2020. For more Elections information, visit the Elections area of the City website.